Craig Harrison talks about the significance of mothers and other important people who touch our lives.
Video by Bob West Video.
CRAIG’S SPEAKER NOTES
It is said God couldn’t be everywhere, so he created mothers.
Loving, caring, funny, brave, smart, strong, good-hearted, hardworking, and understanding.
If Mom was not there God brings others: grandmothers
Some people should not have kids
Mary is a role mother to mothers Mayie – Margaret Schulte/ Rosemary DeMarco
- Moms are life-giving (even the ones who couldn’t keep us)
- Comforter – day or night – go-to person (dads worked!)
- As baby your protector – some often selfless – we figure that out later
- She loves you even when you don’t love yourself
- Listens and gives advice – Mom and Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Can show tough love
- Passes on wisdom
Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.”……..Proverbs 31:25-30
- Nags you for all the right reasons
- Always has your back
- She supports your ideas
- Lifts you up when you’re defeated
- Worked hard so you could have life experiences – piano
- Humor – make you laugh, Mom girls you can do better…Mom’s trip to Italy train
- Sat through your competition
- Proud of your success
- Irreplaceable in your life
- Usually center of faith
I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first on your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well.2 Timothy 1:5
- Teach us about suffering
- Loss of children
Make moms feel special
Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.Deuteronomy 5:16
- Support Mom’s needs
- Publicly acknowledge (Satan’s sister)
- Make her feel needed
- Loyalty – never forget where you came from
- Flowers just because
To The Moms Who Are
To the moms who are struggling, to those filled with incandescent joy.
To the moms who are remembering children who have died, and pregnancies that did not make full term.
To the moms who decided other parents were the best choice for their babies, to the moms who adopted those kids and loved them.
To those experiencing frustration or desperation in infertility.
To those who knew they never wanted kids and the ways they have contributed to our shared world.
To those who mothered colleagues, mentees, neighborhood kids, and anyone who needed it.
To those remembering moms no longer with us.
To those moving forward from Moms who could not show love and hurt those they should have cared for.
Today is a day to honor the unyielding love and care for others we call “Mother”, wherever we have found it and in whatever ways we have found to cultivate it within ourselves.
LOVE YOU FOREVER BOOK